Do you have a dream to partner with horses to serve people? Do you feel like a lone ranger with little support system to make it happen?
I am looking for conscious, self-aware coaches who want to bring the wisdom of horses to serve their clients.
With the horse as teacher and guide you gain presence, awareness of self and awareness of how you impact others. Learn how to deliver horse guided sessions with intuition, professionalism, confidence and deep connection to the horse. Create a solid business foundation for bringing this powerful tool into your practice. Learn from the best in this program that is specifically designed to meet your needs.
If you see the possibility that horses bring and have a dream to make it happen, yet don't have a network fo people to learn from and support you, I am your teacher.
How does coaching fit?
Coaching has become such an integral part of working with horses; listening, observing energy and body language, asking powerful questions and self-management are critical to working with horses to bring the most to your clients..
Take your coaching practice to the next level by partnering with horses!
New Apprenticeships available.
Check out my fabulous equine-guided activity books in the
Carrot Coach Store:
- Horse Activities for Leadership Development
- The Word Horse - Horse Activities for Personal Development
- Games People Play - Horse Activities for Team Building and Leadership
Preferred skills and qualities:
- Strong horse skills. Additional outside training may be required for those without these skills
- Fundamental human skills such as coaching, teaching, counseling, facilitation Additional outside training may be required for those without these skills.
- Strong self-awareness and other-awareness and looking to grow even more,
- Spiritual sense of horses and openness to working with horse as a guide (not a tool)
What does the program include?
This program develops you in the three skill areas we feel necessary to become a qualified equine-guided coach:
- Builds on your horse skills
- Builds on your human skills, i.e., coaching and facilitation and teaches a complete coaching curriculum
- Teaches how to bridge the horse/human interaction
- Supports you in building a business
It includes the following:
This is a fully customized program depending on the skills, talents and time you have, even if you are already trained in another practitioners approach. Generally, the following are included in the program.
- Three onsite Intensives
- Talk coaching in between Intensives for continuity
- Rich material from professionals who have a solid foundation in the Equine Guided coaching field.
- A clear structure of support for your learning
What are the learning outcomes?
Human interaction skills:
Take your solid foundation of coaching to the next level with this program. Partnering with horses calls forth deep self-awareness, self-acceptance and being in the present moment. Horses require true non-judgmentalism and letting go of your agenda.
Horse skills (how to handle a strong reaction from a horse, horse safety)
- How to create a safety for client and yourself
- How to select a horse
- Able to lead, lunge and hold boundaries with a horse
- Able to quickly recognize and calm an agitated horse
Development of strong skills and experience in the area of horse/human interaction (how to coach with the horse as guide)
- How to introduce and teach clients about equine-guided coaching and how to ‘be’ in their session
- How teach horse safety
- How to begin a session
- How to watch horse behavior and signals
- How to observe, offer and translate the horse’s teaching for the client. How to ask powerful questions based on what is going on with the horse.
- How to know when the session has reached its pinnacle.
- How to complete the session.
- How to plan, design and facilitate a group equine-guided workshop
- Basic facilitation skills for group workshops.
Create a Life Plan that honors your values and purpose and integrates them into your business.
- Create a life purpose statement
- Document and prioritize your values
- Identify 5-7 key intentions for your life for the next year.
- Identify specific goals for each intention and action steps for the next 3 months.
- Create a quarterly accountability structure for updating your Life Plan.
Launch an equine-guided business
- Learn how to create a practice including a business plan, marketing plan and more.
- Write a business plan including a marketing plan.
- Do initial design of marketing materials
- Create a list of steps for what you need to do to launch your business.
- Launch your business at the end of the Apprenticeship.
- Create a community of other equine-guided practitioners
In the Wisdom Horse customized Apprenticeship program I created the support I needed to develop practical and spiritual horse sense, participated in real-time corporate and personal coaching sessions and developed a skill set that has served me in creating life changing workshops and rich one-on-one client work. Ann and Lynn are excellent coaches and horsewomen whose commitment and expertise in this work is making a huge difference in the world. Thank you, both!"
- Monique Morimoto Flaherty - 2010 Graduate, Soulworks Coaching
Thank you both for the opportunity that you shared with me in becoming an Equine Guided Educator. This experience has brought me a wealth of knowledge, information and skills that I did not have a year ago. My life has been enriched in many ways through both of you and especially the horses!
Michael Palosaari - 2011 Graduate
When you can start and cost
This program can last 6 to 12 months depending on your needsand begins when you are ready to begin. I charge $150 per hour of my time. Most people find they need at least 25 hours of a combination of coaching and consulting to create what they want.
Call 612-749-0956 to discuss your needs and how my program can work for you.